University of West Georgia Newnan Hospital Redevelopment
Originally constructed in 1925, this historic hospital went through several renovations and additions during its 86 years serving Newnan’s residents. This redevelopment project transformed the hospital into a world-class learning center that truly gives students another way to ‘Go West’. The team met the challenge to convert this older building into an effective higher education campus for the University of West Georgia, complete with lecture halls, laboratories, nursing simulation suites, and administration spaces. The project also tied the campus into the nearby downtown and surrounding community with sidewalks, streetscape and new landscaping. The project was the recipient of the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation “Excellence in Rehabilitation” Award.